Translate

Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Samuel J. Moore (Toronto, ON)

Tuesday is the new Sunday!

I always believed that Sunday was the best day to dine out in Toronto but I guess that I was WRONG. Tuesday is a much better option. We arrived at the Samuel J. Moore on a Tuesday evening and we got to share the entire restaurant with two other tables. By the time that our food arrived, the chef was working only for us. Now talk about having a private-dining-experience!

In the neverending search for the best burger in town, I had to try their chopped sirloin with bone marrow burger. It was juicy, flavourful... almost divine. The rosemary aroma was present but extremely subtle. The fennel catsup was unexpectedly good, just if we had flown business class from Frankfurt to Sidney with a brief connection in Mumbai.

I am not a trained sommelier but when my red wine came (extremely chilled), it did shock me as the ideal serving temperature for red wines is between 14ºC to 18ºC... but again, who am I to talk about wines...

The staff was attentive and the music was great. We enjoyed the tunes from Craft Spells and the quasi magic experience of having the dining room to ourselves.

The chocolate terrine with sea salt and pistachios was delicious!

Samuel J. Moore... I would definitely come back for seconds.









No comments:

Post a Comment