Translate

Friday, April 26, 2013

Elle m'a dit (Toronto, ON)

Elle m'a dit is closing its doors at the end of the month so I went to the restaurant with the group to have one of their last meals.

Elle m'a dit is located at the heart of the Baldwin Village and it serves Alsatian cuisine. It is simple to identify in the menu the French and German dishes and the great variety of Alsatian wines.

We sat at the second floor of the restaurant on a somewhat quiet Wednesday. Wooden floors and tables, candles and tiny flowers were placed inside of tiny jam jars. That was the decor of the restaurant.

I shared a traditional tart flambé made of bacon and gruyere. Very light and delicious.

For the main, I had the Coq au Vin with spaetzle. The meat was very tender and tasty. The spaetzle did not feel heavy but I was just able to eat half of the dish.

For dessert, I had a perfect sized lemon meringue tart. So good!

I'm glad we made there before they closed. The Baldwin village will definitely lose a good resto.








No comments:

Post a Comment